- Name : PRAMOD KESHAVRAO DESHMUKH
- Date of Birth : 7th August 1956
- Sex : Male
- Education Qualification : B.Sc. ( Agri.)
- Hobbies : Reading, Traveling, Social work
- Position : Chairperson
- Positions held in other organization:
- Member of Steering Committee, NABARD, Pune
- Secretary – Action For Agricultural Renewal in Maharashtra (AFARM), Pune
- Vice President , SOS Children’s Villages – BALGRAM, Maharashtra – PUNE
- President – Public Library, Sagroli.
- Member – Marathwada Statutory Developmnent Board, Aurangabad
- Representations Abroad:
- Fulbright Fellowship to study Climate change and its impact on agriculture under Fulbright educational program at Purdue University, USA in 2010 for 4 months.
- Agriculture and Extension – organized by CINADCO ISREAL in 1992 for three months.
- Rural Development and extension organized by DSE at MUNICH-GERMANY in Feb 2001 for two months.
- 1989 to 2009 – worked as Project Director in Sanskriti Samvardhan Mandal (SSM)
- From May 2009, working as Chairman of SSM (* Details annexed)
- Indira Priyadarshani Vriksha Mitra Award by Hon’ble Vyankat Raman, President of India for outstanding contribution in Environment in 1995.
- International Award in Renewable Energy by TERI in 1998.
- Vasantrao Niak Pratishthan Award by Hon’ble Mr.Vilasrao Deshmukh, Chief Minister of Maharashtra for rural development in 2001.
- National Award for Energy Conservation by Maharashtra Energy Development Authority (MEDA), Pune
- E- mail : [email protected]
Phone /Fax : 91-2465- 227829 ( R )
91-2465- 227848 ( O )
Cell : 91-9823989997
I have worked with Sanskriti Samvardhan Mandal (SSM) Sagroli, Dist.Nanded, India as a Director for 20 years (From 1989 to 2009). In this capacity, I was responsible for planning and implementation of various projects related to Environment, Health, Community Organization by forming Self Help Groups in Women as well as men, Social Housing, Income Generation Program and general Rural Development.
Before I joined SSM, which I did 30 years after its inception, its major focus was on formal school education. However as a graduate in agriculture science, I observed that, besides education there were may other areas of rural development in which concrete work had to be done to make the people economically self sufficient and socially aware.
Initially, I got an exposure to the work being done by various NGOs all over India in various fields of rural development through the training programmers, meetings, seminars and workshops. This exposure reaffirmed my determination to initiate other rural development activities.
The excellent reputations and people’s trust on SSM in the area were behind me. More over the required infrastructure such as Land, a well equipped office, human resources, communication facilities, hospital and vehicles etc was readily available in SSM. This enabled me to launch smoothly different rural development projects taking into consideration the need and priorities of the community and area. My hobby of reading kept me well informed and updated my knowledge enabling me to keep pace with the ever changing social conditions.
As a result of SSM’s multidimensional activities in the rural and general development since 1991 SSM’s image has changed drastically from a mere institution of education to a voluntary organization working for, with and through the rural population, broadening its base of activities.
I have more than 20 years experience in the field of general rural development and presently associated with SSM as Chairman. I am responsible for planning and implementation of watershed development projects, community health, social housing and women’s empowerment program. Through my association with different NGOs and my experience in SSM, I have got an extensive experience in sustainable rural development programs using participatory approach and communication techniques. I have developed expertise in rural extension service by participating in intensive international Training programs.
The Watershed Development Program has an integrated approach of sustainable village development with an active participation of all the stakeholders dwelling in the watershed. The Watershed Projects are focused on natural resource development by empowering the people in general and women in particular. I have vast experience in organizing people and empowering them to sustain the program.
My efforts along with my colleagues has created a unique image of SSM which has set an example for the voluntary organizations earnestly wishing to do something in the field of socio-rural development. Now SSM is a member of Credibility Alliance, following the norms insisting on good governance and is capable to accept the challenges of changing global scenario.